If you feel that you need to take the first step towards a divorce then it almost goes without saying that you need to choose the right Matrimonial Solicitor to help you. Here are a few things to think about before you pick up that phone:
- Would you prefer to speak to a male or female Solicitor? This is purely a personal choice and you may have particular reasons for choosing one or the other.
- Is there someone who has been personally recommended to you and do they sound like someone you would be happy to deal with?
- Would you like to see someone who is based locally to your home or workplace or would you prefer to go somewhere away from both?
- Have you done some basic research on Solicitors firms by looking at websites or ringing them to get a feel for what they are like? Often this will sift out those firms that just don't feel right for you.
- Would you prefer to see a solicitor who is a member of Resolution and will commit to a less confrontational approach? If this appeals then it could ultimately help your divorce go more smoothly, save you money and help you keep more of your assets and sanity!
- Do they offer a reduced fee initial appointment and how long does the first appointment last?